Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
from Fox 13 Utah website
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, cooked, and allowed to cool
- 1⁄2 cup Japanese-style bread crumbs
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 white onion, julienne
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1⁄2 roasted poblano chile (pealed, with seeds)
Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 lb chorizo sausage
- 1⁄4 cup roasted garlic
- prepared stuffing
- Add all ingredients to mixer and mix well.
- Pork Tenderloin:.
- Butterfly tenderloin and pound out until flat.
- Place stuffing down middle of the tenderloin.
- Place roasted pablono over stuffing.
- Roll tenderloin and secure with butcher twine.
- Brown all four sides of tenderloin.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until internal temperature is 160 degrees.
- Allow to cool slightly, remove strings, cut into medallions.
- Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce:.
- Using a sauce pan reduce cream by almost half on medium heat.
- Add chorizo and roasted garlic to thicken slightly for approximately 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix until smooth.
I rarely rate recipes unless they are just so good People need to know. This was one of those times. This was deeelish! I changed a couple things and that was just using pepper jack cheese instead of monterey and I used 1 whole roasted poblano in it. I also used a lot larger tenderloin and still had too much filling. About a 1/2c. extra. Thats ok though I'll use it for quesadillas. I had to bake it a lot longer than stated but im sure it was because my meat was 4 lbs. it took about 35 minutes on convection 350. For the Garlic Cream Sauce I added 1 bulb of roasted garlic to a pan then added 1c. chicken stock and reduced slightly while smashing the garlic into it. I think it would be easier to blend this in blender first then add to pan and reduce. when it had reduced by half I added 3/4c. cream, salt and pepper, pinch of parsly and 1/4c of Parmesan Cheese. i cooked about 5 minutes more at a simmer and then served with the meat. I didn't make a lot of sauce because you only needed a little with the meat already being so flavorful with the stuffing. It was very good and smelt heavenly. Thanks for the great recipe I'll for sure make again.