Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is from today's thursday magazine and I swear this is delish! Not for calorie counters though! Preparation time does not include the time to chill this heavenly treat.
- 1 plain sponge cake
- 10 -12 pieces Marie biscuits
- 2 tablespoons nescafe instant coffee powder
- 20 pieces dates, seedless
- 1 envelope Dream Whip or 1 cup fresh sweetened whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the sponge cake into 1/2" thick slices.
- Line the bottom of an 8 inch dessert bowl with the sliced cake.
- Soak with 1/4 cup of sugar syrup water.
- Dissolve the coffee in 1/2 cup warm water.
- Dip the Marie biscuits,one at a time,in the liquor.
- Top the cake layer with this.
- Decorate the dates.
- Soak them in half a cup of milk for 15 minutes.
- Top the biscuit layer with a layer of dates.
- Whip the Dream whip as per the instrcutions given on the sachet/use fresh cream.
- Top the date layer with the whipped cream.
- Chill for 5 hours.
- Decorate with additional whipped cream and dates.
- Serve cold.