Recipe by KCH3
A healthy twist on a classic muffin! This recipe was given to me by a fellow volunteer for the Boys and Girls Club in Chicago. She brought these for the kids and they loved them (along with the adults)!
Top Review by grapefruit
i love these! just made them to take along to a friends house .. since this was my first time trying a recipe like this, i made a 'test batch' of 6 muffins first: i used a dark chocolate fudge cake mix and added 1/4 a cup of water to begin with and mixed the batter by hand. the muffins came out unbelievably moist and fudgy. so i added another 1/4 cup of water to the batter in which i mixed in about 1/2 a tsp of espresso powder, and threw in about 1/2 a cup of chocolate chips to make the muffins truly decadent. they're baking as i write this & can't wait to try them out. thanks for the recipe, KCK3 - i will be making these again and again.
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup water
- white frosting (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put cake mix in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix 1/2 cup water with pumpkin puree.
- Slowly stir in pumpkin mixture to cake mix. Add more water if batter is too thick. (HINT It should be thicker than normal cake batter).
- Line muffin cups and fill 3/4 with batter.
- Bake according to cake box directions.
- Top with optional frosting when cool.