Originally from the Easy Home Cookin' Chicken Recipe Pamphlet, I tweaked it a little bit (like I do with every recipe I find). Even the 8 year old who will only eat Chicken McNuggets or processed chicken patties, declared these a winner. They are fast, not fried & really maintain the flavor of the chicken very well. Great for a fast lunch or even appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed,patted dry & cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup flour (I use Wondra)
- 1 cup baked cheese crackers, crushed (I used Cheezits; the "off" brand I find too salty)
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (I use the kind in a can - we call it "sprinkle cheese)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 teaspoon water
- salt, to taste (optional)
- pan release spray
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F In plastic bag, combine cracker crumbs, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, oregano& basil.
- 2In another plastic bag, combine flour& salt& pepper.
- 3Toss chicken pieces in flour mixture& shake to coat.
- 4Shake off excess.
- 5Dip floured chicken pieces in egg/water mixture, coating all sides.
- 6Toss chicken pieces in cracker crumb/bread crumb mixture& shake to coat.
- 7Press pieces into mixture to make sure there is a nice coating on chicken.
- 8Spray cookie sheet or other shallow baking dish w/pan release& place pieces on pan.
- 9Lightly spray chicken w/pan release.
- 10Bake for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- 11Serve with dipping sauce of your choice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Baked Chicken Nugglets
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.5
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 154.1 mg
- Sodium 774.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 50.6 g