Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Originally from the Easy Home Cookin' Chicken Recipe Pamphlet, I tweaked it a little bit (like I do with every recipe I find). Even the 8 year old who will only eat Chicken McNuggets or processed chicken patties, declared these a winner. They are fast, not fried & really maintain the flavor of the chicken very well. Great for a fast lunch or even appetizer.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed,patted dry & cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄4 cup flour (I use Wondra)
- 1 cup baked cheese crackers, crushed (I used Cheezits; the "off" brand I find too salty)
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (I use the kind in a can - we call it "sprinkle cheese)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 teaspoon water
- salt, to taste (optional)
- pan release spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F In plastic bag, combine cracker crumbs, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, oregano& basil.
- In another plastic bag, combine flour& salt& pepper.
- Toss chicken pieces in flour mixture& shake to coat.
- Shake off excess.
- Dip floured chicken pieces in egg/water mixture, coating all sides.
- Toss chicken pieces in cracker crumb/bread crumb mixture& shake to coat.
- Press pieces into mixture to make sure there is a nice coating on chicken.
- Spray cookie sheet or other shallow baking dish w/pan release& place pieces on pan.
- Lightly spray chicken w/pan release.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with dipping sauce of your choice.