Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is another one of my great aunt's wonderful recipes, submitted in response to a request. It's easy and so comforting!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- salt and pepper
- brown sugar (her recipe says "a little brown sugar")
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 1 can tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package processed cheese
- Brown hamburger with salt, pepper, brown sugar, and onion.
- Add tomato soup; set aside.
- Cook egg noodles; drain.
- Add cream of chicken soup to egg noodles.
- Layer hamburger mixture and noodle mixture in casserole dish with processed cheese between layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
This was a winner for my family. We live in Minnesota and love comfort food in the cold winter months.I did add some milk and sour cream to the egg noodle mixture seemed a little dry. I also used smaller sized egg noodles and next time I will make less noodles-alot left over. I forgot the brown sugar. I added seasoning salt, garlic powder & velveeta cheese. The last 10 minutes of cooking I sprinkled parmesan cheese and recovered. I will make this dish again. I thought the left overs were very good.
This tastes like oldfashioned comfort food. I enjoyed it but my husband and kids weren't quite as happy with it. The leftovers weren't as tasty as first time around either. Good simple ingredients that are usually handy though!
This is a good recipe. I have actually made it before, but my recipe includes a can of green beans added to the layers. It's a great way to hide the veggies for the kids!