Recipe by Crabbycakes
Nice if you like Yucca. Recipe Source:TOO HOT TAMALES with Susan Feniger and Mary SueMilliken From the TV FOOD NETWORK - (Show # TH-6220broadcast 03-10-1997) Downloaded from their Web-Site -http://www.foodtv.com
Top Review by justcallmetoni
Went into the gardem to grab some cilantro and found the slugs got there first. Since the yucca was alreadyy boiling, I decided to use scallions which changed the flavor of the dish quite a bit, though nonetheless tasty. Looking forward to making this again as specified.
- 2 lbs yucca root, peeled,halved,and xx,cut bite-sized cubes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, leaves only,finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cored,seeded,xx,cut fine julienne
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine the yucca with enough water to cover by at least 2 inches and add the salt.
- Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes, until the yucca is fork-tender but still intact.
- Drain the yucca in a colander.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the yucca and stir occasionally for 5 minutes, until slightly browned.
- Add the garlic and lemon juice and toss to coat the vegetables evenly.
- Cook for 2 minutes, just to release the aroma of the garlic, and add the cilantro and bell pepper julienne.
- Toss again just to mix and transfer to a warm serving platter.