Nice if you like Yucca. Recipe Source:TOO HOT TAMALES with Susan Feniger and Mary SueMilliken From the TV FOOD NETWORK - (Show # TH-6220broadcast 03-10-1997) Downloaded from their Web-Site -http://www.foodtv.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, combine the yucca with enough water to cover by at least 2 inches and add the salt.
- 2Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 3Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes, until the yucca is fork-tender but still intact.
- 4Drain the yucca in a colander.
- 5Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 6Add the yucca and stir occasionally for 5 minutes, until slightly browned.
- 7Add the garlic and lemon juice and toss to coat the vegetables evenly.
- 8Cook for 2 minutes, just to release the aroma of the garlic, and add the cilantro and bell pepper julienne.
- 9Toss again just to mix and transfer to a warm serving platter.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yucca With Garlic Mojo
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.1
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 604.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 2.4 g