Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 16 chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup cracker, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh basil or parsley, to garnish
- Wash chicken wings and pat dry.
- In a bowl combine the crumbled crackers or breadcrumbs, herbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Add seasonings and mix well to blend.
- Melt butter.
- Dip chicken wings, first in melted margarine and into the crumb coating.
- Arrange chicken wings in lightly oiled ovenproof baking dish.
- Bake chicken wings at 375°F for about 30 minutes or until lightly brown and done.
- Chicken wings should be tender.
These wings were very good, but didn't brown as much as I thought they would. I used Panko instead of cracker crumbs as I didn't have any on hand. They took much longer than 30 minutes, maybe my oven. Husband really enjoyed them and he is not partial to parmesan cheese. He had no idea that it was mixed in with the breadcrumbs. I would definitely make these again.
I have been making a very similar version for (believe it or not!) over 30 years. You will probably need more than 2 T of butter, but who's counting calories? I use dried parsley and salt in the mix of crumbs & parmesan cheese. The most important thing to remember is to thaw the wings first; otherwise they'll steam in the oven, and not brown. But always, always sinfully delicious!
Different sort of recipe for wings, enjoyable. Used non-stick foil instead of spraying baking sheet. Used a generic brand of Ritz cracker, mixed the toppings in a food storage bag and shaked the wings. Also used the storage bag to crush the crackers w/a rolling pin. 1/2 sleeve crackers equaled 3/4 c. crumbs.