1/2 Photos of Yogurt-Cream Biscuits
The trick to a fluffy light biscuit is to grate the frozen butter instead of cutting it in with a pastry knife, this method will produce a wonderful fluffy biscuit, that just melts in your mouth. Plan ahead the biscuit dough needs to sit in the fridge for the suggested time before baking, also the recipe does not call for any sugar, although I have never added any sugar, I imagine that sugar may be added if you prefer a sweeter biscuit. Make certain that your butter is completely frozen and is cut in one long piece for easier grating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set the oven to 425 defrees.
- 2Prepare a non-stick baking sheet.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- 4Grate the frozen butter into the flour mixture; add in the yogurt.
- 5Mix the dough with a wooden spoon (be careful not to over-work the dough) dough should be slightly sticky.
- 6Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface.
- 7Spread out the dough with hands to 1-1/2-inch thickness on the board.
- 8Cut out 2-inch rounds, and place on a unlined non-stick baking sheet/tray.
- 9Refrigerate for 30-40 minutes (this is an important step, the dough MUST be refrigerated for the suggested time).
- 10Remove from the fridge; brush the tops with the whipping cream.
- 11Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 12Best served warm from the oven.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yogurt-Cream Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.3
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.8 mg
- Sodium 661.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 4.0 g