Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
When my mom made this I had to have the recipe. This version is a little different from the others posted. It tastes amazing.
- 4 cups granny smith apples, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter (separated)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine the first six ingredients and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a crock pot and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.
- Before serving, add in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and the vanilla and stir to combine.
- Goes great with biscuits.
Delicious! We really loved this yummy apple butter. I have several apple butter recipes for the crock pot, but none of them use balsamic vinegar...so, this recipe really intrigued me. Not only was it quick and easy to put together, but it was deliciously tart/ sweet and wonderfully spiced. I made this in a 3-quart crock pot just before going to bed, let it cook all night, and in the morning I woke to the house smelling wonderful. I served this on toasted apple cinnamon bagels...yum!! Thank you for sharing this fabulous recipe...it is definitely a keeper!
**Made for Bargain Basement tag game**