Recipe by Buster's friend
Here will be a lovely home for some big golden beefsteak & little yellow pear or cherry/currant tomatoes. Will play with this recipe using the green when ripe tomatoes as well.... & bigger shrimp - our local ones don't come that small (LOL). From Sunset who note - Brian Whitmer, chef at Moose's Restaurant in San Francisco, contributed this recipe. Garnish with yellow cherry tomatoes and sliced cucumbers, if desired. I'll be garnishing with whatever the garen is producing!
- 3 lbs tomatoes, ripe yellow, rinsed, cored, and cut into chunks
- 2⁄3 cup tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped fresh
- 1⁄2 lb rock shrimp, shelled & cooked (tiny bay shrimp good too)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor or blender, coarsely puree tomatoes, a portion at a time. Pour into a large bowl.
- Stir in tomato juice, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire, hot sauce, bell pepper, cucumber, garlic, and cilantro.
- Serve soup at room temperature, or nest bowl in ice and stir often until cold, about 15 minutes. Ladle into wide bowls and add shrimp. Season to taste with salt and pepper.