Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From 365 Easy Mexican Recipes
- 6 medium zucchini or 6 medium yellow squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Slice squash into rounds ¼ inch thick. Cut center from each round with a circle cutter, melon baller or paring knife (Save centers for soup or toss into a salad).
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add squash rings, garlic and oregano.
- Cook, tossing frequently, until squash is crisp-tender, 4-5 minutes.
- Add scallion, salt and pepper. Toss 30 seconds and serve.