Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tasty marinated chicken and pineapple skewers. Prep time does not include marinate time.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 pineapple, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Combine the soy sauce, ketchup, wine, marmalade and honey in a glass or ceramic dish large enough to hold all the chicken.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 2 inch cubes and add to the dish, stirring to coat the chicken well.
- Marinate for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Preheat a grill rack or BBQ.
- Could also be broiled, your choice.
- Drain the marinade and discard it.
- Thread the chicken cubes and pineapple cubes together onto the skewers.
- If you are using wooden skewers you should soak them first.
- Cook until done, turning occasionally.
- About 15 minutes.
- You could use canned pineapple pieces if fresh is not available.
Delicious. And you can sub in any other jelly, too. Peach or apricot work best, I think. I also prefer to add a bit of lemon juice instead of white wine. Yum!
The fresh pineapple on these skewers was outstanding. The marinade was not my favorite, although DD thought it was outstanding. I really liked having the skewer items in larger pieces than I usually use. I served it with grilled onions, peppers and, mushrooms and a green salad. All in all, a lovely meal.a