Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband is not a huge fan of sweet potatoes, but I think he liked this just as much as I did. This has a subtle flavor, and the only sweetness comes naturally from the sweet potatoes. I used more liqueur and pepper. From Southern Living.
- 4 large yams (3 1/2 pounds) or 4 large sweet potatoes, unpeeled (3 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup Cointreau liqueur or 1⁄4 cup other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Cook yams in boiling water to cover for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and allow to cool enough so they can be handled; peel. Mash yams and stir in Cointreau, margarine, salt, and pepper.
- Garnish with parsley.
Tasty, though the Cointreau flavor was somewhat lost. I will make it again with more Cointreau next time. Thank you for sharing this interesting recipe!