Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is another one of my "oldie but goodie" recipes. I usually make it in the fall, but it's really good anytime.
- 1 (3 ounce) box orange gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed yam
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Place cake mix in bowl.
- Add pecans; mix well.
- Add dissolved gelatin, eggs, oil, yams, orange juice, and rind to cake mix.
- Mix according to directions on cake mix box.
- Pour into greased Bundt cake pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Can be glazed if desired.