Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- Scrub yams well with vegetable brush. Place in a medium saucepan; add water to cover and salt. Over medium heat, bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat; simmer, covered 30 minutes or until just fork-tender. Drain; let cool.
- Then peel and slice crosswise 1/2 inch thick. Lightly coat each slice with brown sugar.
- In hot butter in a medium skillet, saute slices until browned, about 2 minutes on each side. With a slotted utensil, lift to serving dish.
- Drain fat from pan. In the same skillet, gently heat the rum just until steaming, ignite: pour over yams.