Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A very moist and yummy quick bread. I got this recipe from a Gilligan's Island cookbook. It is named in honor of Mr. Howell, who was a loyal alumni of Harvard. I made this with fat-free cherry flavored yogurt and added some raisins and I loved the taste! I also didn't use as much oil as the recipe called for but it still was very moist!
- In a mixing bowl stir together flours, sugar, cereal, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Make a well in the center.
- In a small bowl combine the egg, yogurt milk and oil.
- Add all at once to the well in the flour mixture. Stir only until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf pan. Bake at 350° for about 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in a pan for 10 minutes. Serve warm or cool.