Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love yabbies and this is a great way to make them go further. Very yummy. This would nearly be the first yabby recipe on Recipezaar, but I am sure that it will not be the last. You can also substitute the yabbies for prawns.
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, cut into squares
- 24 yabbies, peeled (crayfish)
- 2 slices pineapple, cut into pieces
- 1 lemon, sliced thinly
- herbs (of your choice)
- olive oil
- On a skewer place (see picture) in order; yabbie, pineapple, yabbie, lemon, capsicum, yabbie, pineapple etc.
- Sprinkle herbs over the kabobs and spray with olive oil.
- Place under a grill on medium heat for a couple minutes on each side.
I love yabbies, and they are not too hard to obtain in Australia. This dish was very easy to make. The recipe didn't say whether the lemon should be peeled, so I peeled one and left the rind on the other. I think perhaps with the rind on gives a better taste. Its almost like a sweet & sour dish without the sauce. I also tried using an orange instead of a lemon. Changes the taste, it's not so sweet/sour. Also tried adding button mushrooms. Very good with the lemon and pineapple and yabbies.