Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found on another site and have added to my WW recipes. Comfy Food and Yummy. Great for parties, movie night at home or a side dish. Fork should enter potato without difficulty. If not, bake another 10 minutes at 40 degrees and place a sheet of foil over top not to burn. Chipolte Chili Seasoning can be subbed with a pinch of Cayenne Pepper or Cajun Seasoning. Other site states 7 points.
- 1 large sized russet potato, sliced into thin rounds
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1⁄3 cup light ranch dip or 1⁄3 cup light ranch salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chipotle chili seasoning (more or less to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring sliced potatoes to a boil in cold, salted water to cover for 5 minutes. Carefully drain, and transfer slices to a paper-towel lined countertop or cutting board. Pat to dry.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, and lay out potato slices on it.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste.
- Bake 12-14 minutes in preheated oven until potatoes begin to slightly crisp and brown on the edges.
- Remove from oven, and cover evenly with cheese and bacon bits.
- Return to oven and cook until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to prepare Chipotle Ranch Dipping Sauce, combine light ranch dressing and Chipotle Chili seasoning.
- Garnish potatoes with optional chives or parsley and serve immediately with dipping sauce.
We liked these potatoes a lot although they never really browned at the 375 oven temperature. I didn't make the chipolte-ranch dressing, just used regular ranch and sprinkled the potatoes with a little chili powder...they tasted great! Made for New Kids On The Block cooking tag game.