Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is entered as a lunch dish in the Jan/Feb 2005 WW magazine. It has a points value of 3 1/2. The quantity is for 1 serve.
- 1⁄2 cup instant couscous
- 1⁄2 chicken stock cube
- 3 slices bacon, lean
- 1⁄2 cup vegetables, cooked
- 2 teaspoons mixed herbs, fresh, chopped
- 85 g pumpkin, peeled, diced, microwaved
- Pour boiling water over the couscous and stock cube. Use only enough water to cover the couscous and stir occasionally until water is absorbed.
- Peel, slice and microwave pumpkin (leftover roast pumpkin would be extra nice).
- Cook bacon and dice.
- Chop fresh herbs.
- Combine all ingredients together.
- This dish would be nice hot, and spices could be substituted for the herbs.
Love this one. I take it to work for lunch Summer & Winter time.