Prep 7 mins
Cook 20 mins
From WW Online
- 12 ounces beer
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 1⁄2 lbs raw lean flank steak, 1-inch thick, washed and patted dry
- In a 9- X 13-inch glass baking dish, combine beer, oil, garlic, lemon juice, sugar, salt and cloves; add steak. Cover dish and marinate in refrigerator, turning once or twice, at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Place a grill pan in broiler; preheat broiler to high.
- Remove meat from marinade and broil about 3 1/2 minutes per side for medium rare, or longer until desired doneness.
- Remove meat from broiler and place meat on a plate; loosely cover with aluminum foil and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place grill pan on stovetop over high heat; carefully pour marinade onto grill pan.
- Bring to a boil (beer will foam) and cook until all alcohol burns off, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Slice steak thinly and serve with sauce.
- 6 Points yields about 4 ounces of steak per serving.
I made this today but I didn't marinade it at all but put it straight into the oven in a covered pyrex dish at a low temperature for two hours. Then I turned up the heat for another hour until the meat was tender. It was a nice combination with the cloves and beer but nothing really outstanding. This may, of course be due to the fact that I didn't marinade it at all so I didn't want to leave stars. Perhaps if someone else makes it as written they will have better success.