Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From WW Site.
Make and share this Ww 4 Points Vegetarian 2 Bean Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes in puree or 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans canned stewed tomatoes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet chili seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- salt & pepper
- Mix all ingredients in small saucepan, simmer 10-15 minutes, according to chili packet directions.
This was a quick fix for lunch today and is a very thick chili with a strong tomato flavor. I had not used a package chili mix before and wasn't sure what brand to buy, so I looked for one that was 1.25 ounce and that was McCormick. I also did not use the cilantro as I don't care for it. I probably upped the points, but I did top it with 1 tablespoon of Kraft Free Cheddar. Also served with fat free saltines.
This was a tasty last minute dinner with ingredients I had on hand and for free on WW Core. I used Chili Seasoning Mix which has a little sugar and flour, but could probably be omitted. I wasn't sure if this would be tasty with so few ingredients but I really enjoyed it for dinner and lunch. I ate it with Cornbread (Ww Core).