Recipe by mariposa13
From ww magazine. Cook time includes marinade time
Top Review by CoCaShe
I've made this quite a few times with different marinating times and it's been great! I generally stick to the recipe, although this time I'm using much hotter peppers than jalapeno, so we'll see how that works! This is one of the few recipes where you can really taste the beer, nice and easy for a weeknight dinner. Thanks for posting!
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (dark)
- 1 tablespoon seeded and minced jalapeno pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed through a press
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 (1/4 lb) skinless chicken drumsticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1 cup of the beer, jalapeño pepper, garlic, five spice powder, and salt in a zip-lock bag.
- Add the chicken, squeeze out the air and seal the bag.
- Turn to coat the chicken.
- Refridgerate, turning the bag occasionally, 2 hours or overnight.
- Spray broiler rack with nonstick spray and preheat broiler.
- Transfer chicken to broiler rack, discard marinade.
- Broil chicken 5 inches from heat, turning occasionally and basting with remaining 1/2 cup beer, until thermometer reads 180*F, about 20 minutes.
- 3 points per serving (2 drumsticks).