Recipe by PaigeParkerMomma
I was given a bunch of apples and wondered what to do with them. I searched all of my cookbooks and found a similar recipe. I just changed it to be Weight Watchers "friendly". It tastes just like warm apple pie without all the guilt! I am going to try it over pancakes too!
Top Review by Annacia
What a great Fall dessert. It just doesn't get any easier and the flavors of apple and spice can't be beat. I topped mine with no sugar added maple walnut ice cream and a drizzle of sugar free caramel sauce. Mmmmm!
- 10 large apples (I used Granny Smith)
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute (or reg. sugar if you prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon (more or less to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut apples into chunks and place in a crockpot.
- In a small mixing bowl mix splenda, water and cinnamon.
- Pour over apples.
- Cook on Low setting for 4-5 hours stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm with Ice Cream or Cool Whip (I used Fat Free Cool Whip for 0 pts on Weight Watchers).
- 1 Cup= 1pt.
- Delicious and very filling too!