Recipe by mariposa13
From WW Magazine. You may use any kind of berries. The shells may be baked ahead or freezed ahead.
Top Review by Pam-I-Am
My daughter and I made these today for a light dessert. I used vanilla sugar free pudding with a touch of almond extract in it. Turned out great!! Helps me have dessert and stay on my eating plan too.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, diced
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 (4 ounce) prepared fat-free vanilla pudding, snack cups
- 1 1⁄2 cups berries (any combination)
- 2 -3 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare shells, preheat oven to 350°F Spray 24 nonstick mini-muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Pulse the flour, cornstarch, sugar, and salt in a food processor. Add cream cheese, butter, and milk. Pulse until mixture forms into fine, damp crumbs. Press into a ball and knead gently a few times.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces; then divide each one into 6 tablespoon size pieces. Gently press each piece into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared muffin cups. Make a few holes in the bottom of each cup with a fork. Lightly brush the inside of each cup with the egg yolk. Bake until golden along the edges (about 20 min). Cool completely.
- To assemble, spread 1 tsp pudding into each cooked shell. Top with berries. Just before serving, sift a light dusting of confectioners sugar over the tartlets.
- 1 Point per serving (1 tartlet).