Recipe by Bev
These rather dry little potatoes are served with almost every meal on the Canary Islands. They use a small potao with a light brown skin, but unless you have access to a specially market, use golf-ball size red or white new potatoes. Large grained sea salt is the secret. Serve with Mojo Rojo or Mojo Verde ( see recipes I've posted). Very simple recipe for beginner cook. From Eating Well.
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a large sauce pan and add just enough water so potatoes are not completely covered.
- Add salt and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook at a lively simmer until potatoes are tender, 20-30 minutes.
- Return the potatoes to the saucepan and place over low heat.
- Shake the pan until a light crust forms on the potatoes, about 1 minute.