Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are delicious. We had them at a posh affair. I asked how they were made. Found they couldn't be more simple. Make as many or as few as you like.
- pitted dates, as many as you like
- same amount almonds
- 1⁄2 piece bacon, for each date
- heavy appetizer toothpick, that have been soaked
- warmed maple syrup, to dip or honey
- Slide an almond into each pitted date.
- Then wrap each date with 1/2 piece of bacon.
- Broil under broiler until bacon is crispy.
- Remove unto a paper towel to drain but don't cool.
- Serve warm with warmed maple syrup.
Made these up for a small group I had over, & they were a hit! Made half of them with turkey bacon & the other half with the regular kind, & there didn't seem to be much difference in who liked what! I also put out a container of maple syrup & another of honey, & most of my guests seemd to prefer the honey! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my FINGER FOOD theme in the current My-3-Chefs cooking event]