Prep 25 hrs 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sounds like a fun recipe: I'm posting it for anyone to try; I personally haven't made these and since I'm not a big chocolate person, I probably won't. But I'd like to hear from anyone who does try this recipe; I hope it makes Easter special for someone! Obviously I'm going to guesstimate prep and cook times; time includes candies sitting overnight.
- 1 cup soft butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (10 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- brown sugar, for dusting
- 1 teaspoon yellow food coloring
- 1 lb semisweet chocolate
- Beat butter, salt and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Add milk; beat in sugar.
- Blend until stiff.
- Dust with brown sugar.
- Knead until smooth and set aside just over 2/3 of mixture.
- To the remaining mixture, add yellow food coloring and blend thoroughly.
- Divide yellow and white into 16 pieces.
- Shape yellow mixture into balls, then mold white mixture around yellow to form an egg shape.
- Dry at room temperature on paper towels for 24 hours.
- Melt chocolate slowly in double boiler or microwave until smooth.
- Dip"eggs" into chocolate and cool at room temperature.
- Refrigerate after cooling.
I believe that powdered sugar has been omitted from the filling ingredients. It would be needed to make a 'nougat' type filling that could be kneaded.
I tried to make these...too much salt, and I think there might have been a typo error. You said "brown sugar, for dusting" but there was no additional sugar mentioned. Sorry, I had to throw the mixture away, it was awful. I could'nt nead it either, too sloppy. What did I do wrong, please help!