1/1 Photo of Wood-Fired Oven Pizza Dough
2 hrs 6 mins
Bruce Becker's Note:
This is a recipe sent to us from Woodstone, the makers of our pizza oven. The original recipe sent to us called for 50# of unbleached flour. We called them asnd said that often for a smaller party, we only use 20#!!. they sheepishly sent us a home recipe. This makes 4 or 5 dough balls, each making a 14-16" pizza. That adequately serves a party of 10-14 people. It is typical that many people want to make their own--so there might be a couple of disasters. People put too much stuff on their pizzas, making oven entry and exit tough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix water, yeast, salt and honey together until all are dissolved.
- 2Place into a large mixing bowl.
- 3Add flour.
- 4Mix at moderate speed for 8-10 minutes.
- 5The dough should form ears and the mixing bowl should be essentially dry.
- 6Place dough in a greased bowl, and cover with a moist dishtowel.
- 7Place in a warm area for about an hour, until doubled in size.
- 8Roll out on a floured surface, and divide into 4 or 5 balls.
- 9Place in a proofing tray
- 10If to be used immediately, let rise for another hour. If not, chill and bring our an hour before using.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wood-Fired Oven Pizza Dough
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.1
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 701.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 7.8 g