Restaurant Style Pizza Dough Recipe by Weight
photo by Jessica S.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 47mins
2 16 'pizza's
- 500 g flour (High gluten pref but regular flour will work)
- 325 -340 g warm water (110 degrees)
- 10 g salt
- 3 g active dry yeast (I use 7 grams or 1 pckg ADY for a lighter crust)
- 5 g sugar (optional)
- Place water and sugar in mixing bowl, stir to combine and add the yeast. Allow yeast to sit until it starts to bubble 10 minutes or so. Then add the flour and salt.
- Run mixer on low speed for 2 minutes or until combined. Then run on medium for 10 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and form it into a ball. Place the dough in another bowl or even a gallon ziploc bag, and rub olive oil on it to keep it from drying out.
- Let it rest for 1 1/2 hours or until double in size.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Cut the dough in half for two regular pizza's or cut it into 4 pieces for thin crust pizza's.
- Roll out the dough and place your favorite toppings on it.
- Bake at 500 degrees for about 10-12 minutes. For a pizza with heavy or a lot of toppings, par bake the crust for about 4-5 minutes.
- Note (I use a pizza stone and preheat the oven for atleast 30 minutes.). I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This does make for A GREAT TASTING PIZZA, says my other half & my veggie son & his wife! I made one with 'everything' on it for the 2 of us & the other one as vegetarian to please my younger relatives! It's well worth the time needed for the dough to rise! Thanks for sharing this great keeper recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]
I have a great pizza sauce recipe, i've sussed out the most perfectly balanced and inexpensive pepperonis, i've got the toppins down pat, and I even found the best pizza cheese... but for the life of me my dough has always been a stinker. Knowing the cost of ingredients amounts to about 15 cents made it extra irritating to buy dough for 1.99. I finally gave up that perhaps it wasn't exactly, mostly-kinda the recipes' fault. The user was the problem. I tried this recipe first after buying a kitchen scale. Wait a mimute, it's sooooooo moist?!?!? Ehehehe .. yep, too much flour all those times. This recipe was devine. I even managed an exceptional thin crust. It also helped me make peace with the notion that I required a kitchen scale. It is now considered an essential piece of kitchen equipment. Thank you, thank you. And, it's delicious. :)
This dough recipe is amazing. It makes 2 large pies, it freezes well to boot! I use 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 white flower and the family and friends love it! Thanks! Our favorite pizza is what I call Turkey Taco Pizza. It's ground turkey seasoned like you would taco meat, cheddar and jack cheese, baked and then topped with lettuce and fresh chopped tomato. I'll post a photo next time we make it!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a stay at home dad for two wonderful kids. I am new to this! While I love it, it's alot more work than I ever thought it could be.