Recipe by Miraklegirl
These pecans are delicious on their own or in salads. Truly superb.
Top Review by Sharon123
These are delicious nuts! I didn't really like the idea of frying the nuts but they turned out so good! Spicy yet sweet, these will be perfect for my next salad with greens! Right now, I'm just eating them out of my hand!!! Thanks so much for posting!
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut oil
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Add pecans to a pot of boiling water in two batches, boiling for two minutes Drain and shake off all excess water.
- Sprinkle salt and cayenne over nuts.
- Coat with sugar, allowing the sugar to melt into the pecans.
- Toss the nuts in the strainer, slowly adding all sugar.
- DO NOT USE UTENSIL TO TOSS.
- Carefully add nuts to hot oil.
- Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove with slotted spoon and allow to cool on cookie sheet.