Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Use a sharp cheddar and enjoy the smoky flavor that invades your taste buds! Very pretty presentation any time of the year, especially at a holiday meal. Zaps in the microwave while the oven is busy with other things!
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons minced chives (or onion)
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Place cauliflower and water in a two-quart microwave dish; cover, cook on high for 6 minutes; stir; cook another 6-8 minutes; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, chives, S & P; spoon over veggies; sprinkle with cheese.
- Pop it back into the microwave (UNCOVERED) for another 2 minutes--cheese should be melted.
Best side dish ever!
Seriously easy veggies. Kat adored this and wanted the recipe. That is high praise from her. The guys ate it without comment but the girls all enjoyed it. I think that DH would have preferred onions (which Kat hates) so I will make this again for just the two of us with onions and maybe some pimentos for color. Thanks!
Quick, easy and tasty. Mom wasn't thrilled with the sour cream but Dad would have eaten the whole bowl. I think I will add some milk to thin the sour cream and make it easier to cover the cauliflower.