1/2 Photos of Winter Vegetable Plate
1 hr 20 mins
Chef Elaine C.'s Note:
This is a hearty side of root vegetables. You may add or substitute turnip, winter squash, brussel sprouts, or sweet potatoes to this. You may also top with grated sharp cheddar and/or toasted hulled pumpkin seeds (pepitas) to it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 450.
- 2If you used large beets, cut in halfs or quarters. Leave baby beets whole. Place beets on parchment lined foil and drizzle with 1 Tblsp olive oil.
- 3Wrap foil and roast until tender when pierced with knife tip, about 30 to 45 minutes for small beets, up to 1 !/2 hours for large. Don't overcook. Roast until just tender, not shriveled up.
- 4Let cool. Then rub skin off with paper towel or clean damp cloth.
- 5Roast other vegetables: Toss shallots, parsnips, and carrots in a large bowl with the remaining oil.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Spread in even layer in rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment.
- 8Sprinkle with rosemary.
- 9Roast about 30 minutes, turning once. Vegetables should be tender and golden.
- 10Arrange all vegetables on plate or put in casserole. Top as desired. May be made ahead and rewarmed.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Winter Vegetable Plate
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.2
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 202.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: