Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
A friend at church brings this to our potluck meals. It is always very popular. She usually uses red and green apples and bananas for her fresh fruit choices.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, in natural juices
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) boxcook and serve vanilla pudding
- 4 cups mixed fresh fruit (apples, bananas, grapes, kiwi etc.)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans or 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup coconut
- 4 ounces maraschino cherries, optional for garnish
- whipped topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice & set pineapple aside. In saucepan, combine pineapple juice and pudding mix. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Cool.
- Combine pineapple and other fruits, nuts and coconut in large salad bowl. Add dressing and stir to coat.
- Chill until ready to serve. Garnish with cherries and whipped topping if desired.