Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We always make this as a Christmas treat. It is so fast and easy to make and it tastes so good with the sweet/crunchy/salty combination. It also looks quite festive.
- Heat candy melts over very low heat or in double boiler until melted.
- Stir in pretzels, cranberries and almonds.
- Spread onto a large waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
- Put in refrigerator for a few minutes to harden.
- Break into pieces and store in airtight container.
- NOTE: White chocolate baking chips can be substituted for the candy melts but you will need to add 2 tsp of shortening when melting to make it of spreading consistency.
This is very good-I forgot the pretzel sticks (woulda been even better with that sweet/salty combo)-but it was still good. I used crushed lightly salted peanuts and cherry flavored craisins. I will make this again!!!!
This is just great! I used white chocolate chips and added the 2 teaspoons of shortening- thats what I always do when making chocolate covered pretzels. This was better though! I loved the dried cranberries and didn't have almonds, so I used toasted walnut peices and it was delicious! So simple too!