Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Dry rubbed chicken wings that turn out crispy and addictive. perfect for the upcoming football season
- 24 whole chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely crushed oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 cup pre soaked hickory chips
- wash wings with cold water and then dry. pat wings with the rub and add more to adjust to your taste and let sit overnight.
- The next day bring out chicken and let sit at room temp while you set the grill for indirect cooking (put the wings in the middle and let coals or gas surround them, making sure they arent above the flame).
- place the patted dry hickory chips on the coal or in a box or foil for gas grills and pat the grill grate with veg. oil to prevent wings from sticking and cook for 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours till theyre crispy and fall off the bone.
This is delicious. The only changes that I made were:I added thyme and split the tablespoon of garlic salt with Lawry's. I used this on drumsticks and thighs and baked in the oven. Did not have time to marinate, but the flavor was still good. Can't wait to try this on wings. Thanks for a good and easy recipe