1/1 Photo of Windmill Cookies
Posted by request. This recipe was originally printed in the Milwaukee Journal. Time does not include chilling time. Also, I would suggest reading kburie's review if you are interested in trying these, as it contains some very helpful preparation info
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve the baking soda in the hot water.
- 2Mix together the butter, brown sugar and baking soda and water mixture.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and mace; combine with the butter mixture and stir in the almonds.
- 4Roll dough into 2 loaves, each 3-1/2 x 10".
- 5Chill overnight in the refrigerator.
- 6When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°.
- 7Slice loaves into 1/4-inch slices on a cookie sheet abotu 2" apart for 10 minutes, or until slightly browned.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Windmill Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.0
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 9.7 mg
- Sodium 55.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g