Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here's a little different twist on Spinach Salad.
- 2 bunches spinach, washed and dried or 2 (10 ounce) bagsprewashed spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup apple, peeled and cubed
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add raisins, pine nuts, apples, and onion, and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until raisins plump.
- Stir salt into raisin mixture.
- Add spinach, tossing until spinach is just wilted.
- Serve immediately, with wedges of lemon to squeeze over spinach if desired.
This was knock-your-socks off delicious. If you are even a slight fan of these ingredients, try this combination; it's fantastic! Everything melds together to give you just the right combination of textures and flavors.
Excellent, my husband is a spinach lover, I am not. This combination worked so well together, makes me think I might like spinach after all. I used diced red onion instead of green and almond slivers instead of pne nuts, as that is what I had on hand. Verry yummy. Thank-you for a delicious, healthy, easy recipe.
I made this into a quick meal by adding couscous. The flavors work well together. I added some lemon juice and black pepper. Very fast, easy, tasty and original vegan cuisine.