Prep 20 mins
Cook 13 mins
From Cooking Light. Per 1 cup serving: 58 calories, 1.8 g fat, 3.1 g protein, 9.9 g carb, 4.8 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 cups coarsely chopped savoy cabbage (about 2 lb.)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add in cabbage and water; cook 6 minutes or until cabbage wilts, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Add cumin seeds to a small nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat for 1 minute or until seeds are toasted and fragrant, shaking the pan frequently (do not let the seeds burn).
- Add toasted seeds and vinegar to cabbage; cook for 6 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.