Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Really festive and really potent delicious eggnog. Cook time = chilling time.
Make and share this Will's Eggnog from Scratch (Alcoholic) recipe from Food.com.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar until thick.
- Stir in milk, cognac and rum.
- Beat eggwhites stiff and fold into mixture.
- Chill for a few hours.
- Peel orange until pure orange rind left. Cut the rind into matchsticks 1 1/2 inches long.
- Grate lemon rind.
- Whip cream until just beginning to thicken and fold into mixture.
- Fold in lemon rind and 1/2 orange rind.
- Sprinkle remaining orange and nutmeg on top.