2 hrs 30 mins
Really festive and really potent delicious eggnog. Cook time = chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg yolks with sugar until thick.
- 2Stir in milk, cognac and rum.
- 3Beat eggwhites stiff and fold into mixture.
- 4Chill for a few hours.
- 5Peel orange until pure orange rind left. Cut the rind into matchsticks 1 1/2 inches long.
- 6Grate lemon rind.
- 7Whip cream until just beginning to thicken and fold into mixture.
- 8Fold in lemon rind and 1/2 orange rind.
- 9Sprinkle remaining orange and nutmeg on top.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Will's Eggnog from Scratch (Alcoholic)
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.0
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.6 g
- Cholesterol 306.0 mg
- Sodium 141.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 10.7 g