Recipe by Gingerbear
This recipe is good with grilled chicken or steak. I got this recipe from a news web site here in town and thought it sounded great so I thought I would share it.
- 1 (6 ounce) box long grain and wild rice blend (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme (broth)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-size baking dish, combine rice and seasonings, soups, water chestnuts and mushrooms.
- using one of the opened soup cans, add one additional can of water to the mixture.
- Stir until combined.
- Cook uncovered for approximately 1 hour or until rice is tender.
- Serve hot.