Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is good with grilled chicken or steak. I got this recipe from a news web site here in town and thought it sounded great so I thought I would share it.
- 1 (6 ounce) box long grain and wild rice blend (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme (broth)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-size baking dish, combine rice and seasonings, soups, water chestnuts and mushrooms.
- using one of the opened soup cans, add one additional can of water to the mixture.
- Stir until combined.
- Cook uncovered for approximately 1 hour or until rice is tender.
- Serve hot.
Excellent rice. I used low salt broths. I loved the crunch of the water chestnuts. I ended up just eating a big bowl of this for dinner. Roxygirl
Good and easy. I made it on top of the stove since my oven was being used for other things (broiling). It went well with the London Broil and made for a special Valentine's dinner.
Very simple and good. I made this for dinner and it really warmed the house up. It was a different way to fix rice. The rice was very tender and it had a nice contrast from the crunch of the water chestnuts!!