Vicky Bryant's Note:
This dish has an Asian flair and is a healthy, filling, easy meal that I now make about once a week.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 418.15 g can wild alaska salmon
- 3-4 scallions, finely minced
- 14.79 ml finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 large egg white
- 14.79 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 2.46 ml fresh squeezed lime juice or 2.46 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml olive oil (for frying)
- 709.77 ml mixed greens
- 1Drain salmon and remove any larger bones and vertebrae. Put salmon in a bowl and add scallions, ginger, egg white and soy sauce, lime juice and carefully mix with your fingers to keep salmon pieces larger rather than smaller.
- 2Make 2 thicker patties versus wider patties. Make sure pan isn't crowded or they are harder to flip and will break apart. Cook in heated olive oil on a medium setting turning only once as they are delicate – total cooking time 7 minutes per side.
- 3*Whisk wasabi, honey, and vinegar well. Slowly drizzle in oils to emulsify. Add salt and pepper to taste and chopped cilantro if you choose to use it.
- 4Toss mixed greens with 3 TBS of the dressing to coat and place on plate and top with salmon patty.
- 5If you do not like too much wasabi start with 1 teaspoon then add more if needed.
- 6I also like to add a healthy dousing of Chilula hot sauce to the patties.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Alaska Salmon Patties, Mesclun & Wasabi Vinaigrettte
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1398.5
- Calories from Fat 1181
- Total Fat 131.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 96.1 mg
- Sodium 456.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 45.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar