Recipe by WicklewoodWench
This is a basic component of most of the dishes that I have been forced to adapt to suit my dietry requirements, a classic cheese sauce. Not only is a cheese sauce tasty but it is so versatile and is a huge part of the favourite foods I miss so much.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons gluten free flour
- 1⁄2 pint milk
- 1⁄4 pint single cream
- 8 ounces mature chedder cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Over a gentle heat, melt the butter in a small saucepan and remove from heat.
- Blend in the flour and mustard powder until smooth.
- Return to heat, gradually whisk in the milk, (the mixture will drasticly thicken between each addition of milk, at this stage dont rush to add more milk, cook out the flour thoroughly or the resulting sauce will just taste floury.).
- Keep whisking until the mixture is smooth.
- Gently bring to a light boil.
- Stir in the cheddar until melted.
- Season to taste and serve.