Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
My daughter’s latest crave, posted for parents of other picky pre-teens
- 4 large potatoes, washed but unpeeled
- olive oil, to drizzle
- 4 large free range eggs
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 punnet baby mustard cress, cut
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220c.
- Rub a little oil over the potatoes, season and place in a microwave and cook on full power for 15 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Cut the potatoes in halve and remove the soft inner flesh to a bowl leaving only about 1/2 cm (1/4 inch) as a shell.
- Oil a baking sheet lay in the potato skins and drizzle with more oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until really crispy.
- Meanwhile bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the eggs for 5-6 mins they should be slightly soft in the middle.
- Peel and mash until chunky then season, add the crème fresh and reserved potato flesh and gently mix through.
- Reduce the oven to 180c.
- Divide the filling between the crispy pot skins and bake for10 minutes until piping hot.
- Remove from the oven and arrange on a serving plate. Sprinkle with cress and a little cayenne pepper.