Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
In ‘300 Best Bread Machine Recipes’
Make and share this Whole Wheat Flaxseed Bread (Bread Machine) recipe from Food.com.
1 1/2 Pound Loaf
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed, cracked
- 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast or 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- *For a lighter-textured loaf, substitute 1 cup bread flour for 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Measure ingredients into baking pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Insert pan into the oven chamber.
- Select Whole Wheat Cycle.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.