haven't the slightest's Note:
I found this online, but I haven't tried it yet. Prep time includes 20 minutes to let yeast mixture sit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix 3/4 cup flour in bowl with yeast and warm water. Blend until smooth, cover and leave until frothy, about 20 minutes.
- 2Gradually stir other ingredients, beating until smooth. You should have a mixture like pancakes, or just a bit thicker. Add flour or water as necessary.
- 3Heat a non-stick surface to med/med-high and put non-stick egg rings on surface to heat thoroughly.
- 4Pour batter into rings, so it's about 1/2 in deep. Cook until dry on top, about 10 minutes.
- 5Remove rings and turn crumpet over to brown on top. Cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Crumpets
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.4
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 250.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 4.7 g