Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this online, but I haven't tried it yet. Prep time includes 20 minutes to let yeast mixture sit.
- Mix 3/4 cup flour in bowl with yeast and warm water. Blend until smooth, cover and leave until frothy, about 20 minutes.
- Gradually stir other ingredients, beating until smooth. You should have a mixture like pancakes, or just a bit thicker. Add flour or water as necessary.
- Heat a non-stick surface to med/med-high and put non-stick egg rings on surface to heat thoroughly.
- Pour batter into rings, so it's about 1/2 in deep. Cook until dry on top, about 10 minutes.
- Remove rings and turn crumpet over to brown on top. Cool on wire rack.