1/1 Photo of Whole Wheat Bread
2 hrs 45 mins
This is a recipe using 100% whole wheat flour. My mother made this when I was growing up. Homemade bread is my ultimate comfort food. If it's warm from the oven, I'll choose it over dessert. I get so much satisfaction when I pull homemade bread or rolls out of the oven. This recipe makes 3 large loaves and uses basic ingredients. You won't be dissapointed! Delicious with butter and homemade jam on top. Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften yeast in warm water for about 5 minutes.
- 2Dissolve honey in hot water; stir in salt and oil. Cool to lukewarm.
- 3Add softened yeast to honey mixture.
- 4Gradually mix in flour until gluten develops and the dough begins pulling away from sides of mixing bowl. Don't add too much flour or bread will be too dry.
- 5Spray sides of bowl with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until double in size.
- 6Punch dough down and form into 3 equal loaves.
- 7Place in greased loaf pans and let rise again until doubled.
- 8Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. (I put pans on bottom rack of oven).
- 9Place pans on wire racks and cool for 5-10 minutes before removing bread from pans.
- 10Let cool at least 10 minutes longer before cutting.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.5
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 195.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 4.6 g