Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I hardly ever make banana bread, but I had over-ripe bananas and guests! This recipe was born and will remain a family keeper,
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Cream the margarine and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Add the peeled bananas and applesauce. Mix well, until bananas are distributed well in the batter.
- Add the flour, wheat germ, baking soda, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Pour into one large or two small loaf pans. Bake at 300 F for about 1 hour, or until golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.