1/1 Photo of Whole Grain Pumpkin-Banana Bread
1 hr 5 mins
You like banana bread, right? How about pumpkin bread? This dense, moist, 100% whole wheat bread combines those two flavors in one tasty loaf. Note: Using a scant cup (7 1/2 ounces) pumpkin is fine; that way, you can get two recipes out of a single 15-ounce can of puree.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml soft butter
- 158.51 ml brown sugar
- 44.37 ml honey
- 2 large eggs
- 236.59 ml pumpkin puree
- 236.59 ml mashed banana, the riper the better
- 29.58 ml orange juice (or water)
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 354.88 ml whole wheat flour
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 3.69 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 118.29 ml diced pecans, toasted
- 29.58 ml demerara sugar, to sprinkle on top
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly grease an 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pan.
- 2In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, honey, eggs, pumpkin, banana, orange juice or water. and vanilla.
- 3Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, stirring to combine.
- 4Mix in the nuts, if you're using them.
- 5Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the top of the loaf with Demerara sugar, if desired. Allow the batter to rest for 15 minutes, uncovered.
- 6Bake the bread for 55 to 70 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean; and that same tester inserted about 1/2" into the top of the loaf doesn't encounter any totally unbaked batter.
- 7Remove the bread from the oven, and cool it on a rack. When it's completely cool, wrap it well in plastic wrap, and store it overnight before serving.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Grain Pumpkin-Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1071 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3054.9
- Calories from Fat 1316
- Total Fat 146.2 g
- Saturated Fat 65.9 g
- Cholesterol 616.0 mg
- Sodium 4097.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 423.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 32.5 g
- Sugars 254.7 g
- Protein 46.5 g