Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Whole Tilipia wrapped in foil, seasoned and grilled. Delicious and healthy. Impressive to serve a whole grilled fish. You could use red snapper, black bass or similar fish, this is just what was available to me.
- 2 whole tilipia fish (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- aluminum foil
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning or 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves, garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- To prepare the fish for the grill, lightly grease the foil. Wash the fish and place each fish on a square of heavy duty aluminum foil. Season cavity and sides of fish with the Seafood seasoning of your choice, or Lemon Pepper seasoning. Dot with butter and put lemon slices in cavity. Seal aluminum foil around fish. Grill over a med-high heat for approximately 25 minutes - or until done. After 20 minutes or so check the fish to see if it is flaky and tender. Open up the foil packets to check each one.
- For the sauce: In a small serving dish combine the parsley, garlic, salt, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Mix well. Serve this over the fish, or on the side.
- For a whole fish 1 1/2 pounds to 2 pounds.
- Charcoal Grill 10 to 12 minutes per side over direct heat.
- Gas-Grill 12 to 14 minutes per side, direct heat.
- Fish should flake easily when tested with a fork.
- Garnish with parsley, and lemon slices.